Saturday, December 5, 2009

Should I take a theater make-up class college level? Want to be makeup artist....?

Currently I am in cosmetology school (about to finish in the spring). When I graduate I really want to become a makeup artist/hairstylist for productions/print/runaway/etc.





My question is, do you think it would be beneficial to take the theater makeup course at the local community college? I would have to cut back my hours at my job and so it would cost me not only the course fee but hours at my job and that is why I need to know if it will be worth it and get some more peoples opinions. Should I take a theater make-up class college level? Want to be makeup artist....?
i would go for it!





you'll learn techniques that you won't use everyday but it'll build your resume... not only that, you'll meet people in the make up biz.





i hope that the makeup teacher at the community college can be more supportive of your goals. OK won't be the place where dreams in professional makeup usually occur, but i would get the most out of itShould I take a theater make-up class college level? Want to be makeup artist....?
if you're interested in it at the professional level, a community college may not be the right fit. Since you're in cosmetology school, there are tons of resources to be found there! Ask some of the teachers to point you in the direction of classes that are targeted to what you're interested in. Also, there are probably several people you go to school with who have connections in the industry, and maybe you could shadow or apprentice to someone who is working in theater already!
You might want to take a look at private makeup school. I'm unsure in oklahoma, but there's tons of them in toronto which are quite reasonable. You've to go to a pro sch so that you learn the right things without wasting time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting