Thursday, December 3, 2009

Should I pay for a Makeup Class to get Licensed?

I really want to become a licensed makeup artist in my area, but I can't seem to get hired @ any local retail stores in my area so I can get my foot in the door in the makeup scene. Curious to know if it would be outrageous for me to pay for a makeup class that will get me licensed in my state, but the cost is well over $800? Serious answers please, preferably from licensed makeup artists!Should I pay for a Makeup Class to get Licensed?
YES YOU SHOULD!!!


There is so much more to learn, and $800 is not that bad. It sounds like a Certificate 2 in Retail in Makeup.


Usualy a make up diploma or certificate 3 would cost you $5000 to $9000.


Dont worry when you get the job you will end up getting your money back anyway. And also the BEST THING ABOUT HAVEING A LICENCE IS that you can claim your make up products on tax.Should I pay for a Makeup Class to get Licensed?
Dont do this while applying for a job as a makeup artist:





wear eye colors like blue, purple, green, pink, yellow...etc... Dont put alot of blush and make your eyelashes long and black and dark.


--------------------------------------鈥?br>

Put some white eye shadow on the inside corner of your eye to make your eyes appear bigger. Dont put to much or any colors like that when applying for a job. Wear natural and soft colors that bring out your eyes even if you dont like the colors because they are natrual. thats what makes people not get hired. its like hiring a hairstylist with pink and purple hair and damaged locks. Apply for one more job using my tips before you go to a makeup class. If that doesnt work go to the makeup class and get expierienced.





Hope I helped!





:-) denvirox
I believe yes. It would get your foot in the door to the more upscale salons. The license is reasurance that you know what your doing. Different from, let me do your make up, I can do it well. I would rather have an experienced trained proffesional doing my make-up. Go ahead, it's going to lead you to more money. Think of it this way, would you want someone cutting your hair who is licensed or who says they do a good hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting